Re: [OM] Odd OM macro lenses in local Jessops (UK)

Subject: Re: [OM] Odd OM macro lenses in local Jessops (UK)
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 08:15:47 -0500
It's not a practical use for this lens.  You end up with the
equivalent of a camera with a fixed-focus lens covering a field of
view about 30mm wide in focus less than two inches from the front
element.  It certainly wasn't meant to be used this way but was
intended for bellows or extension tubes.  It's just that unlike
the 80/4 and 135/4.5, it doesn't have that protruding rear element
that makes it impossible to attach it to a camera body.

Like I said, I was being nit-picky about the statement it couldn't
be mounted on a camera.  Actually, you could probably put the 80/4
or 134/4.5 on an OM-1 if you locked up the mirror.  There would be
no joy in this exercise, but I suppose they could be physically
attached.  :-)

Walt

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists
elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact
us." -- Hobbes