Re: [OM] Re: OT Wildlife in Houses and Stomachs

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OT Wildlife in Houses and Stomachs
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:42:32 +1300
Gary wrote, after having seen Mike's 3 shots

> And here is what our variety looks like.
> http://peopleplacesflight.com/texas_jackrabbit.htm Tough and stringy, I
> prefer shooting them to eating (with an OM, that is).
>
> Gary
> Gary Edwards

Very nice luminous shot, Gary. You realise that you've been well and truly
spotted. That rabbit has both camcorder and sonic detector focussed directly
on you !!

European rabbits anyway, do have some stereo vision straight ahead which
they use when they are looking at nothing in particular, or running, but if
they
REALLY want to watch something they turn side-on and put the subject right
in the middle of their vision from one eye. And to get sound early warning,
one ear is carefully focused on the same subject.  What large ears on the
Texas Jackrabbit. Like the European hare, which we also have in NZ.

Brian