[OM] HTML posts WAS [OM] pics of fall colors OT

Subject: [OM] HTML posts WAS [OM] pics of fall colors OT
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:09:13 -0000
Seems to me you are both (Jim and Charlie) reading the posts through a
workplace provided email system.

I suspect that your corporate email sysops have recently disabled HTML mail
reading as a default, to guard against undesired
assaults be they virus or trojan.

Not sure if you can do anything about it.  Of course, you could ask them to
reassess their policy - but if it was me, I would
decline, 'cos I say that is a pretty sound policy.

A previous employer disabled such email entirely - if you were lucky you got an
auto-responder saying that someone had sent an email
which had been blocked.  And that was all it said.

Not helpful, I fear.

Piers

PS In the case of Donald's posts, it is probably an anti-pron filter which
can't 'decipher' his wilder Caledonian mutterings and
assumes they must be large expanses of flesh tones in a jpg...