Re: SPAM, was Re: [OM] Lots of OM Gear FS

Subject: Re: SPAM, was Re: [OM] Lots of OM Gear FS
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:01:16 -0800
The spyware can actually try on its own to connect to the internet to send
info. My daughter's computer picked up some nasty stuff put out by Gator
that would continually try to establish an internet connection .. no
broadband connection, it would try to dial up. I strongly recommend spybot !
It was reviewed by PC Mag about six months ago.
http://www.safer-networking.org/

If you use Outlook Express turn off the preview pain. Delete all of the
messages whose headers look like SPAM before reading any messages in that
folder. It doesn't bounce the email back to the sender like Mail Washer can.
Your ISP is probably already filtering a lot of SPAM. I changed my domain
host to one that doesn't do as much (if any) filtering and found a 10 times
increase in the amount of SPAM. Don't expect any software to eliminate all
of the SPAM sent your way.

-jeff