Re: [OM] Lots of OM Gear FS

Subject: Re: [OM] Lots of OM Gear FS
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:31:39 -0500
I've just done some soul searching and decided that I can put the E-1 to more
use than much of the OM gear that sits unused in my photo closet.  I use Leica
M for most of my casual, family, and 35mm shooting these days, so the only
stuff the OM's seem to get used for is macro and sports.  I've got a boatload
of macro stuff and that takes time to drag out, find subjects.....I just don't
have the time.  As for the sports, I'm finding that I'm missing a lot of shots
due to mis-focusing.  It's actually no more than I've ever missed, but when I
see the results that others get that have the AF, I tend to get mad.

I can buy the E-1 and the two major zooms for what I'll sell all that OM gear
for.  And I'll have something that will get more use.  And isn't using the gear
to make pictures what it's all about?   I can shoot up to 16x20 pretty easily
with the E-1, but I haven't printed anything bigger than 11x14 in many years,
so the 5MgPxl won't be an issue.  And I still have my Leicas and some MF gear
for larger negatives.

In addition, I've started to get some requests for some commercial work, and
the lack of digital is becoming a real hinderance, as all the clients want the
images digitally and quickly.

For now, I'm keeping a couple of bodies (OM-1n, OM4ti) and seven Zuiko's (90/2,
24/2, 50/1.8, 50/1.4, 35-70, 135/2.8, 28/2.8), in case I want an SLR or my
daughters want a "real camera" to learn on.

Skip