Re: [OM] Time to jump ship? Was What's left - OM stuff FS

Subject: Re: [OM] Time to jump ship? Was What's left - OM stuff FS
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:25:41 EST
In a message dated 11/11/2003 3:24:01 AM Central Standard Time,
piers@xxxxxxxx writes:
I don't have any confidence
that I could do the same thirty years hence with digital images, because the
likelihood of being able to 'read' the data is, I
Believe, low.  Either the media will have degraded, or the hardware to read
them will also be long obsolete.  Or the data archiving
and retrieval task will be too much of a chore.
I think the nail has been hit squarely on the head.  Bill Barber