Re: OT: Re: [OM] Zuiko lenses on Digital Rebel

Subject: Re: OT: Re: [OM] Zuiko lenses on Digital Rebel
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:43:55 -0800 (PST)
>I just tend to think that finally all digital technique is
>just under way to reach the standards of analog.

Sadly, in the world of audio, you are mistaken.  In my opinion,
we hit the prime of digital audio engineering about five years
ago.  Those engineers that "perfected it" have since moved on to
other things.  Today's new crop of audio engineers have pretty
much been given technology and technique on a silver platter.
They just know that you apply a certain filtering algorithm here
or there because that's what they've been taught.

Some of us actually *created* those very tools and techniques
which are in use today. In my day, Geeks were Geeks!

Don't get me started on bit-rate-reduction...

AG-soapbox-Schnozz