Re: OT: Re: [OM] Zuiko lenses on Digital Rebel

Subject: Re: OT: Re: [OM] Zuiko lenses on Digital Rebel
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:07:30 +0100
AG Schnozz schrieb:

[snip..].  Analog (both LP and high-speed tape) have one other
benefit over digital:  Time accuracy.  The positioning of a
sound is only as close as the closest sample.  With 44k sampling
rate, the spacial positioning of sounds is course.  96k sampling
rate is as close to analog as you can get.  With analog, the
spacial positioning of sounds is nearly molecular.  It's this
time accuracy that fools the ear into thinking that analog is
better than digital.

Fools? :)

I'm somewhat a purist.  Give me a couple of high-quality BK
mikes, a Neve mixer, a 24/96 digital recorder and a tuned studio
environment with time-aligned mid-field monitors.

silverrimmed mikes, for sure :)

Thx AG for these enlightening facts!
I just tend to think that finally all digital technique is just under way to reach the standards of analog.

Have a nice day
:Doro
--
www.doro-foto.de/
Persönlichkeiten werden nicht durch schöne Reden geformt,