Re: [OM] How much should a lens cost?

Subject: Re: [OM] How much should a lens cost?
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 11:41:08 -0500
Been there, done that, spent hours walking round and round a
barrel in the basement shoving one piece of Pyrex glass around on
top of another with increasingly finer grinding compounds in
between.  A drinking buddy neighbor of mine talked me into it
years ago.  We each did one.  I was really dubious about the whole
project to start with, but I was astounded at the results.  It
worked!  We both ended up with perfect 8 in. mirrors, which, when
silvered, made damn good telescopes.

Walt
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.