Re: [OM] How much should a lens cost?

Subject: Re: [OM] How much should a lens cost?
From: "Boris Grigorov" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 06:38:27 -0500 (EST)
Cc:
The Olympus business types are trying to market it as a revolutionary piece.
You are buying a piece of history...
But they are also marketing it as a technical marvel.  Their claims are (last I
heard) that if the 300 mm's surface was as big as a football field, the
deviation of it would be less than a human hair.  Pretty serious claim, but am
not sure if really matters that much.
I would by the E1, but am not sure if I could justify the 300mm.
Boris