[OM] aurora borealis: NOW!

Subject: [OM] aurora borealis: NOW!
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 22:31:07 -0500
The web site of Sky and Telescope Magazine says that the aurora borealis
unusually brilliant because of last week's sun spot
activity.  http://skyandtelescope.com/observing/objects/sun/article_1093_1.asp

I'm gonna take the freeway west tonight, hoping to see the aurora for the
second time in my 47 years. I'll be beyond the horizon
glow within 25 minutes. I'll post a picture if I get that lucky.

A photographer in Boston used these settings: tripod, ASA 200, f/3.5, 8
seconds, and much bracketing

I'm gonna get out of town for a little late night shooting.

Lama