Re: Re: [OM] yashica lynx, was Oly RD/SP etc

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] yashica lynx, was Oly RD/SP etc
From: bill latham <to_gishi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:51:44 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Lama

I rebuilt a 9 not too long ago.  It's got a good vf
and high contrast rf patch along with manual metering,
rare in this genre. Very clean upper deck, nice
minimalist touch.Pretty much bullet proof as far as I
could see when I was inside, dosn't't suffer from the
Canon rf misalignment problem. Robust everything, but
that was the standard in that day.

I also like the 7S II, great lens and not the over
sophistication of the G III.  It's shutter is quieter
than anything I've seen, except the Hexar RF in
Stealth mode. Nice small size, but limited in shutter
speeds.

I'd like to taste all film formats before their
demise, on an affordable level, to the digital wave.

Have fun

Bill Latham