Re: [OM] yashica lynx, was Oly RD/SP etc

Subject: Re: [OM] yashica lynx, was Oly RD/SP etc
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:28:54 -0700

On Thursday, October 23, 2003, at 03:18 PM, lamadoo@xxxxxxxx wrote:

1. Minolta Hi-Matic 9 because it was the last one with BOTH a fast lens and a flash-matic feature. 55mm filter thread if I recall.
and
2. Minolta Hi-Matic 7sII because it has a fast lens which is multi-coated. Someone, I think Gary Reese, reported a shocking good lens on this puppy. Numbers don't lie. 49mm filters if I recall.

I chose the "9" for the flash-matic feature and it had better be worth the $30 I paid for it or I'm really gonna be hurtin'...

I have a friend with the '7' who bought it new and still uses it from time to time. He still says despite using Nikons, Pentaxes, Tokina ATX lenses, and Oly IS-1 that Minolta has the best color rendition of any camera he has ever had. Enjoy.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA