Re: [OM] Bogen 3275/Manfrotto 410 geared head parts diagram

Subject: Re: [OM] Bogen 3275/Manfrotto 410 geared head parts diagram
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 01:12:19 -0400
I have a used 3047 head and 3020 legs (no typo) without instructions too.  I
was using the darned head sideways for 2 months and
couldn't figure out why I couldn't take a vertical shot with it.  :)  I
wouldn't admit that to everyone, of course.

Anyway, why does the head have an extra-long, specially machined brass screw
that unscrews at will on long trips?  Is it missing a
lockwasher?  Does it need a bit o' Locktite?  It doesn't have a bolt head.
Once it's in place, there's almost no shoulder to twist
with your fingers yet those wacky Italians didn't put a screwdriver slot of any
kind on it.  What the hey?

Lama

BTW, Ansel Adams always set up a tripod with one leg straight ahead.  He could
level left-right without stepping around the darned
thing.  :)  Like the country song said, "Now why didn't *I* think of that?"