Sigma 24/2.8 was Re: Vivitar 19-35; was [OM] Seeking advice for fall col

Subject: Sigma 24/2.8 was Re: Vivitar 19-35; was [OM] Seeking advice for fall color trip
From: Johan Malmström <johan.malmstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:04:18 +0200
Replying to an old thread here, but I must confess.

I got an Sigma 24/2.8 yesterday. Bought from uk-bay. Only (I hope) GBP 20.5
. In looks it's a beast compared to my Zuikos, I think it will have to stand
in another cabinet, separated from my Zuikos. I think I'll put the Tokina
300/5.5 beside it and have an beast-exhibition. :)

Anyway it sits on my OM-1 at the moment, liking the perspective. Later
tonight I will develop the first film taken with it.

/ Johan

Den/At 03-10-06 00.55 skrev/wrote "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu"
<[lamadoo@xxxxxxxx]>:

> Here is one more alternative.  Sigma lenses are generally not known for superb
> sharpness.  The exception is the 24mm f2.8 .  If I
> recall, Photodo rated it a "4" which is better than they graded the Zuiko 28/2
> and that score is vastly superior to any other Sigma
> on that site.  Anyway, my Sigma 24 is amazingly sharp.  It's beyond sharp.
> The image on the focussing screen seems liquid,
> continuous in some way that only my Series1 90 duplicates.
>
> Because Sigma isn't known to produce top quality stuff (generally) I was able
> to Fang mine on ebay for $30 (no hood, no case, no
> filter).  I don't recommend it because it's cheap; I recommend it because it's
> superb.  The fact that it's cheap is a bonus.
>
> It's also possible that everyone else was sleeping because it was listed as
> "Sigma for Olympus" and didn't say "OM" in the title
> anywhere.  I'm much happier with this Sigma than with the Zuiko 28/2.  Maybe I
> had a bad example though because so many others swear
> by the 28/2.
>
> Lama

icq: 20012555
aim: johanplupp