Vivitar 19-35; was [OM] Seeking advice for fall color trip

Subject: Vivitar 19-35; was [OM] Seeking advice for fall color trip
From: "Greg McGrath" <gmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 21:42:32 -0500
Charles,

I haven't burned a tremendous amount of film through mine, but I've been
pleased with the results, overall. It's a lightweight, plastic bodied lens,
and some don't like it because they say it feels "cheap." Pop Photo reviewed
the AF version in July of 1996, and their conclusion was "A handy
ultrawide-to-wide zoom offering good overall performance at a reasonable
price." This lens is sold under several different brand names, including
Phoenix, and the specs look suspiciously like the Tamron and Tokina lenses
of the same focal length and speed, though I've never seen those lenses to
make a comparison.

I think some other list members will be able to comment on this lens, also.

HTH,
Greg