[OM] OM-4 in trouble

Subject: [OM] OM-4 in trouble
From: Johan Malmström <johan.malmstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 08:42:13 +0200
Silence please...

Sunday night my OM-4 failed.

Symptom: The viewfinder is black.
Observation: It was possible to wind the film. After rewinding the film and
opened the back I could see that the shutter curtain was shut. It is not
possible to remove the lens (135/2.8 Silvernose btw).  It is impossible to
press the shutter release button. It is still possible to wind, and wind
again without pressing the release button. I was using the camera with the
Winder 2. The camera was loaded with Kodachrome 64.

Any hints, before sending the camera to the doctor?

I was btw out looking for beaver in the deep wood of Dalarna, me and my
girlfriend was at the moment trying to not scare a family of Cygnus cygnus -
Whooper swan.

/Johan
--
icq: 20012555