Re: [OM] Fang? We'll see when it gets here

Subject: Re: [OM] Fang? We'll see when it gets here
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 15:06:38 -0700
Regan Conley wrote:

Wayne, does this go in your file of wild price variations on Yabe?

Well, certainly not in mine. I won't touch anything with something like '"light polish marks" on the front element' in the description. I'm sure a lot of potential buyers would pass this one by, leading to a lower price. Wild price variation being unusual or worth comment would only be for comparable items.

My theory on buying (anything) from that site, is to never spend more money than you'd be willing to lose.

Then I wouldn't have my mint- $520 18/3.5 from Australia and many other of the fine cameras and lenses I have, many from far away and strange places like Florida, the Netherlands, Hong Kong, Canada, Illinois, New York, etc., etc. Certainly I would have spent much more time, effort and money acquiring them. (It is understood here that the acquisition of OM equipment is, by definition, a good thing, right? :-) ). Of course, if you buy things like the one you describe, your theory makes perfect sense.

Moose