Re: [OM] Photshop question

Subject: Re: [OM] Photshop question
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 14:24:24 -0700
I'd be interested in hearing any reply on-list. There is so much to learn in PS that I'm always interested in hearing different techniques.

Moose

Mike wrote:

OK,  I'm getting my TOPE submission ready but am having trouble getting
the exposure right. I'm trying to "burn in" certain areas with photoshop
by using selections. I end up with the desired exposure but a rather
harsh dividing line between the selected areas even after feathering.
I've heard others here mentioning combining two photos, one shot for
the highs, the other for the lows. Would this technique work with a
single image by making two copies and adjusting levels/curves of each
and then recombining? Can someone guide me through the combining process
using Photoshop? Or set me on the right path with a link? Perhaps off
list if this is not of general interest.  Thanks