[OM] Made it back.

Subject: [OM] Made it back.
From: "Mickey Trageser" <michael.trageser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 20:50:17 -0400
Hi All,
I'm back home now after a month in New Zealand. What a wonderful place to
be! Even now in the early springtime it was absolutely beautiful. An
absolute pleasure to have been there, and an honor to have met and chatted
with Brian Swale in Christchurch. He was kind enough to bring along some of
his photos, and I can attest that they are very attractive and stand out as
the work of an inspired gentleman.

My trip over took me from BWI to LAX to AUK and finally to WLG, and returned
via Sydney and San Fransisco. I never had a problem with security. My 1600
film was gladly hand inspected at every station. The rest of my film rode in
film bags in my carry on. Only SanFran showed any interest in the film bags.
They opened them after the scan, but never complained, or attempted to
rescan them. On my return, Sydney showed interest in the camera bag, but
only did a cursery exam. SanFran was quite attentive to the cameras, but
left the lenses alone. They swabbed the cameras and did the ion test. In
every case, the security people were very pleasant and helpful, even
apologetic. No sour grapes, this trip.

So what did I shoot? Seemed like everything I looked at. 20 rolls of print
film, 4 rolls of slides and 8 rolls of 645 slide film. We won't be eating
much after all that processing! ;-)

Eventually I will have a website with the pics. At least I'm halfway
scanned. Couldn't get them all done in the time I had, but all but 2 rolls
of print film were processed in NZ. Highly recommend Ken's Camera on Armagh
Street in Christchurch.

Those odd 2 rolls were in my checked luggage. . . Yikes!! I had them
processed and can see absolutely no ill effects. Whew!

Hope you all are still happy and healthy.

-Mickey