Re: [OM] London meeting photos!

Subject: Re: [OM] London meeting photos!
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 16:24:10 -0500
At 09:32 AM 10/6/03, Roger Wesson wrote:
Hi everyone,

Not sure I will ever need a varimagnifinder but it's good to know what it looks like! I do need a Zuiko 18/3.5 though, that's for sure.

Nope . . . you **need** them both. The varimagnifier would be used to help focus the 18/3.5 (not that easy sometimes due to its extreme field). Zuiko . . . ummmm . . . hobbyism at it's finest.

Comments and criticism most welcome.

Your collective group should be in the "post card" and "calendar" business. Excellent architectural studies of London's structures. One of the window shots would have made a superb pattern/texture TOPE. You were blessed with beautiful "calendar" weather with very blue skies and nice cumulous clouds.

Not a reflection on the photographer, but about the unique architecture of one building in particular. The GLA building was most interesting. I wanted to reach into the photograph and straighten the upper floors to center them on each other. Then I wondered if it happened to be a very windy day! Finally, the thought occurred it might just be the shark's dorsal fin on yet another corporate raider building being used for a remake of an old Monty Python movie leader. Must have been an interesting set of reviews by critics when that building was finished! :-)

BTW, if you look through my stuff, you'll find I have a very "rectilinear" style with strong verticals and/or horizontals . . . or at least the feeling of it with perspective lines. Diagonals and curves tend to be more subtle and less prominent. Not always true . . . but strong horizontals and verticals and straight lines are accentuated if there's a hint of it in the subject material. Likely why I wanted to "straighten" the building.

Great Stuff.

-- John