Re: [OM] John's metering dilema

Subject: Re: [OM] John's metering dilema
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:35:37 -0700

Something sure isn't right. I can tell you that after JH did a CLA on an OM-1n for me a couple years back I tested its metering against my Gossen and found it be for all intents and purposes dead-on accurate. The real result, however, is always in the pudding/negative but those turned out okay as well.

Assuming your Sekonic works correctly but you're receiving different results from your exposures made through the camera's system then the feedback you've gotten from this repair guy sounds like double-talk. <g>

By the way, that OM-1n wasn't for me but my daughter and it's still accurate as of this summer when she visited me, as I would expect. Also, I own three 4Ts, use them all the time and they give identical exposure readings to my Gossen. As a rule. (This can vary somewhat depending on how I use these meters' spot functions, for instance, as the Gossen can define a much smaller degree of reflected light acceptance, but you know what I mean.)