Re: [OM] NEED HELP OF ZUIKO 40mm/F2 PANCAKE LENS OWNERS

Subject: Re: [OM] NEED HELP OF ZUIKO 40mm/F2 PANCAKE LENS OWNERS
From: "Danrich" <danrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:07:34 -1000
Good example of the Zuiko 40mm f/2
XDan

http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=990423
Istanbul
Shutter speed     1/125 sec
F-stop     f/8
Category     Architecture
Film     Fuji Velvia 50 pushed to 100
Camera     Olympus OM-3Ti
Lens     Zuiko 40mm f
Filter     Circular Polarizer

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Couch
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 6:42 PM
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is also a relativly unique 'perspective' as a lot of camera lines
don't have anything like it. I have always like 40mm lenses in the 35
format. One of the reasons I like the Rollei 35s so well is because of
it's 40mm lens. The Zuiko gives me the same thing on my Olys! It is a
very nice 'normal' lens, not quite a wide angle, but a little more angle

of view than a 50mm.

I think it is this perspective, combined with the reputation for being
small that makes it so desirable to many Zuikoholics, as opposed to it's

'performance' from an optical standpoint.

Jim Couch