Re: [OM] Nope, It missed it by few hundred miles

Subject: Re: [OM] Nope, It missed it by few hundred miles
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:46:03 -0700
I understand moving pictures of wagon wheels showing aliasing. That
seems like an excellent example. Probably out of curiosity a number of
people did do a little math and showed that the rotational frequency of
the image folded around half the sampling frequency (before computers).
You've got my curiosity going enough that I'm going to have to look up
Nyquist and see if there were any similar connections. I don't remember
any of my discrete Fourier transform classes and digital signal
processing classes giving real life examples like that (my memory often
needs prodding though).

I must be pretty dense ... I don't visualize early trains and sampling.

-jeff