Re: [OM] Olympus Pen D: strange viewfinder

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Pen D: strange viewfinder
From: Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:34:02 +0930
At 9:11 PM +0800 2003.09.30, C.H.Ling wrote:
>It is a Pen D with D3 lens, I didn't know that when I bought the camera. I
>think it is a good combination, the Pen D need no battery to operate and
>with a larger apertuer D3 F1.7 lens.

Yes, it is a good combination. The selenium meter seems to have kept its
accuracy checked against the OMs we have.

>It is fun to shoot with this all manual camera, I usually first estimate and
>set the distance and then adjust the aperture and shutter, set the shutter
>to minimum holdable and get as much DOF as possible, since it is not so easy
>to estimate the distance accurately.

Yes -- no rangefinder or any assistance at all!

>There are a few Pen D shots in my web
>page below:
>
>http://www.accura.com.hk/OM/Pen1.htm

Very nice pictures! Quite encouraging.

Some familiar scenes in fact -- we lived in Kowloon Tong for three months
in the early 90s and caught the ferry often.

thanks
  Andrew