[OM] E-1 OM lens adapter.

Subject: [OM] E-1 OM lens adapter.
From: "Talbot, Roy" <rtalbot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:51:39 -0700
I sent an email to Olympus about the E-1 having an adapter to
attached the OM lens to.  Here's their reply.
09/29/2003
Thanks,
Roy Talbot

Dear Mr. Talbot,   09/29/2003

Thank you for your interest in the E-1 Digital SLR.

One of the major features of the E-1 camera is that it is the world's first
all-digital professional SLR system.  This means that the camera body and
lenses were specifically built to handle light to much more exacting manner
than a film camera requires.  Although the OM lenses are very accurate,
they are not optimized for digital photography.  An OM lens adapter is
certainly possible but we did not want to offer it because it would
compromise the performance of the E-1.

Additionally, the new Zuiko Digital lenses are "intelligent".  That means
that lens telemetry and other information is recorded with the photographic
data.  Using this information, there are functionality advantages that can
be realized with digital photography that was not possible with film camera
equipment.  We will soon offer an in depth technical whitepaper on the
advantages of the Zuiko Digital lenses.  This whitepaper will further
explain the advantages of using our new Zuiko Digital lenses.

You can view details about the E-1 on our website at
http://www.olympusamerica.com/e1.

If you have any questions or require further assistance, you can e-mail our
E-SLR Professional Support Staff at e-slrpro@xxxxxxxxxxx.  To speak to a
Support Representative, please call (800) 260-1625,  Monday through Friday,
8 AM to 10 PM Eastern Time.

Regards,

E-1 Digital Technical Support
Olympus America Inc.