[OM] E-1 + OM Zuikos

Subject: [OM] E-1 + OM Zuikos
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 10:28:14 +0800
I think, they wanted to see how the market would look without releasing an adapter, and when the market looked shakey, they relied on us OM'ers to take advantage of using old glass...

One of the things that I'm fairly eager to read about in the coming months as OM'ers get their hands on E-1's is how the old Zuiko's compare.. The new Digital Zuiko's are suppose to be about 3x sharper; and with digital, "flaws" in glass seems quite apparent to me.. So it would be a great roundup test for the old Zuiko's as soon as someone gets an E-1 and an adapter..

With an adapter, and the latest images on dpreview.com, it looks like I have a great migratory path for my OM.. Looks like I will be staying in the Olympus family...

The 14mm-54mm lens looks like the perfect travel lens though. 28mm-108mm, so scenery and portrait is both well covered.. Very smart move..

My Tokina 90mm f2.5macro would become a 180mm macro.. and so if I got an E1, it would seem like these would be the two lenses I'd be traveling with only..

Albert