Re: [OM] (OT?) art and photography

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT?) art and photography
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 13:16:03 +1200
Hi all,

Wayne Shumaker wrote

> "Unhampered by traditional rules, the Impressionists
> experimented with composition, often framing or cropping their subjects
> in ways that were shocking to the prevailing art world."

"Fascinated with capturing the fleeting moment, Impressionists applied their
paint
> with quick, spontaneous brushstrokes."

"The hallmark of the style is  the attempt to capture the subjective impression
of light in a scene."

> Well, that would explain my photographer's bias toward this style of
> painting. Certainly I think this shot could be consider impressionist:
> <http://www.zuik.net/om/P2201470rd.jpg>

Wayne, this is the second of your shots you have shared with us with this
kind of technique; the first was of kids on a trampoline.

Impressionist or not ( I don't know enough to comment)  you certainly have
hit on a very attractive mode of photography, and you should continue and
develop it. You do the style very well.

I think those shots are great.

Brian