Re: [OM] Om 28mmf2.8 vs Ricoh 28mmf2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Om 28mmf2.8 vs Ricoh 28mmf2.8
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:43:10 +0800
I have the Ricoh GR1v. 28mm f2.8. F-stop adjustable.. 1/500th max. +-2 in half steps, ISO adjustable. It has a "SNAP" mode, which basically prefocuses at the hyperfocal length.. That means it's about as fast as a camera can get, as it's prefocused and will take the picture the instant you press the shutter button. The winding motor is loud, and slow, but other than that, a perfect travel camera..

Quite a few of my friends carry a Ricoh 35mm on the right hip, and a Ricoh 21mm on the left hip, and that's their "vacation package"... Makes perfect sense to me...

Albert

Titoy wrote:
Can you advise what model you have? Is this the R1 or the the newer one with
24 mm lens?
Be gentle with the camera as the lcd display is said to be prone to
breakdown.

Regards

Titoy