Re: [OM] Agfa chromes

Subject: Re: [OM] Agfa chromes
From: "Earl Dunbar" <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 23:01:17 -0400
I believe my E6 Agfas (some of which I processed myself) are still in good
shape, but I have not surveyed them all.  The blue jacket to which I referred
upstream is one I did see recently, and it is in good shape.  I have no reason
to believe it will be otherwise with others.  I can't comment about the CT18s,
as I haven't checked them out.

Yes, IMO, K25 colour was more accurate than K64, though K64 wasn't bad.  As far
as Agfa grain goes, I don't believe they made an ASA 25 film; their slowest was
50, and it compared favourably to K64, though it wasn't up to snuff in terms of
grain.  But then, the processing was different; E6 vs. K14.  I think part of my
success with E6 Agfa was using either small batches that weren't replenished.

OM content:  except for medium format, chromes shot with mostly OM but also
some Leica.

Given the scarcity of Agfa currently and the positive comments about Fuji
films, I will likely end up shooting primarily Fuji, but will give the Agfa a
whirl and maybe use some for certain types of work.  And of course, I'll be
fair to Kodak since I DO currently live in Roc-cha-cha.

Earl aka Canoeman