Re: [OM] OM-2S prices

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S prices
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:29:09 -0600
At 10:01 PM 9/25/2003 -0400, Bill Barber wrote:
In a message dated 9/25/2003 8:39:17 PM Central Standard Time, jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Right now, I use
the OM-2n with Press 1600 if I can get away with it, but must switch things
around if P3200 is needed (1600 is the highest ASA setting on the OM-2n).

What would happen if you set it at 1600 and then set it at -1? Would that not effectively give you a proper exposure for ASA 3200? Please be kind in your responses if this is a complete dumb a** suggestion.

Not dumbass at all -- this suggestion has been raised on the List a number of times. I'm honestly not sure if it would work, though. I would've thought that the limitation on exposure for the 2s would have been absolute, and that you couldn't get around it by playing with the exposure compensation dial. But I honestly don't know.

Garth