Re: [OM] Chromes: Opinions on Agfa?

Subject: Re: [OM] Chromes: Opinions on Agfa?
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:55:24 +0200
Hi, all.

"Earl Dunbar" <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Speaking of films, as I have been "out of it" for awhile (many will say I'm=
> PERMANENTLY out of it in many areas), what are opinions of Agfachromes?

I tried recently a few rolls of Agfachrome CT-Precisa 100. Unlike older
Agfas, colour seems *very* accurate. Contrast is on the low side, but that
means wider exposure latitude too.

On the other hand, grain is rather coarse for the speed. Reminds me of
films before the Kodak E100S was introduced. No availability problems here
(Spain), and it's dirt cheap too.

This said, my favourite silide films include Fuji Provia 100-F, either at
nominal speed or pushed 2 stops (but rated 320 for better shadows). For
very low light, I go for the Fuji Sensia 400, usually pushed +2 (1600).
Kodak's E200 is nice too, and responds well to pushing.

Hope this helps,

Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://cjss.galeon.com>