Re: [OM] Chromes: Opinions on Agfa?

Subject: Re: [OM] Chromes: Opinions on Agfa?
From: Geilfuss Charles <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:23:24 -0500
Earl,
        Your posting got me to thinking. I used quite a bit of Agfachrome
back in the late 70's to early 80's simply because at that time I worked for
a susidiary of Bayer AG and we could get loads of it (including processing
mailers) for pretty cheap. At the time I shot color transparencies
exclusively and was pretty pleased with this film. Time has a way of
changing perceptions so tonight I'm going to dig out the old slide files
from that time and review them.
        That having been said, I haven't seen Agfachrome in this country for
a long time, certainly not in stores. It is still available from B&H Photo
in both consumer and professional versions but I have not tried it.

Charlie Geilfuss