[OM] Re: (OM] - 100mm f/2.0 and focus past infinity (plus: links to oly

Subject: [OM] Re: (OM] - 100mm f/2.0 and focus past infinity (plus: links to oly pictures)
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 19:33:07 +1000
Then of course, you could try focussing on the full moon - that's just about far enough away to qualify as infinity :)
AndrewF

 > Any help from your experience would be greatly appreciated!

 Ciao

 > Fabio

In my experience the Zuiko 100/2 has very *critical* focusing. (I don't know if
*critical* is the correct word, so I will explain).  I just took mine out and
looked.

Using a split-image screen.

At 1000+ metres the mast of a yacht lines up exactly on both sides of the
split-image line when the focus is turned to infinity.

A tree branch at 250 metres, lens turned to infinity, is VERY distinctly NOT
in focus. On either side of the split, it did not line up. The focus had to be
turned back a little.

So it seems that an object has to be at 500 - 600 metres before the 100/2
*thinks* it is at infinity.

Does that help?