[OM] two more 300/2.8 questions

Subject: [OM] two more 300/2.8 questions
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:09:47 -0700
a)  do I have to leave the blank filter in the rear holder all of the
time, i.e. does leaving the filter holder installed but empty hurt the
performance of the lens?

2) What's the rotating ring with the little brass nob located in front
of the rubber focus ring used for? At some position there feels like a
detent.

...still no luck finding a drop in CP for this lens. Looks like I'll
have to use the "walt" method. The C*non AF version of the 300/2.8 has a
thumb wheel on the filter holder so that one can rotate the filter while
it is inserted in the lens, unfortunately Tamron says it won't fit in
the manual version. Too bad.

Mike