Re: [OM] microglobe

Subject: Re: [OM] microglobe
From: "John W. Sloane, DMD" <jsloane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 16:38:46 -0400
Very Bad.  No response when I placed an order for days, then when I finally
got through, it was a statement by the merchant that he was having trouble
"locating" the items I ordered.  He finally admitted that he had not updated
the site for a while, and he didn't really have tose items any more, but my
credit card was not charged. I told him it was unacceptable, since buying
used gear is a very specific purchase of a particular pictured item, and not
"another one like it" so I cancelled the order.  The same stuff is still on
his site, weeks later, and it's probably stuff you are interrested in buying
like me, but does not really exist as inventory.  I also won an auction for
a 135mm SN last week, paid for it immediately, but have yet to hear from
him.     I only bid on the auction, because I really wanted the lens, and
thought that it might be a different situation for his auction items than
for his "stock" items.  We'll see...I'd definitely stay away.

My $0.02
John