[OM] "OM Adapter MA-1" for E-1, item #260209

Subject: [OM] "OM Adapter MA-1" for E-1, item #260209
From: "Lama \(Jim L*Hommedieu\)" <jlamadoo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:23:43 -0700 (PDT)
Shout it!  This is great.  We will have a bridge.  My
Kiron 28/2 is going to be a workhorse with a future.
It's not even expensive.

It's a happy day in Covington, Kentucky.  I guess my
$12 T-Mount to fit EOS may go unused after all.

On the other hand, the Listed use (quoted at the
bottom) is contradictory:

1)The first part implies that it fits ON the E-1
camera and allows an OM lens to mount.  That's what we
WANT to read.

2) But look closely at the second part.  If I took the
second part in isolation, it may mean I can take an OM
body, attach an MA-1, then mount an E-series
(half-frame covering) lens.

I'm a 47 year-old skeptic.  I type SQL all day.  The
syntax has to be EXACT or you don't get the result you
want.  There's a metaphor there for the cautious.  I
don't know which of the two is the misleading
translation.  If it said, "OM lens to 4/3 camera
adapter" I'd be more assured.

I guess these are the same guys who wrote the T32
manual (which never calls "1/4 power manual mode" by a
name other than "52").  They also translated the label
for the OM-1 "FIX" shoe.  Cross your fingers for good
luck!  I sent Olympus America an email and asked for
availability and exact purpose of item #260209, "OM
Adapter MA-1".  I don't expect to get a timely answer
though.

Lama

Olympus dealer & 20+ year repairman, John Hermanson
said, >As an Olympus Dealer I visited their site to
get suggested list prices on the E-1 system.  Well,
halfway down the page I found item # 260209, official
name "OM Adapter MA-1" Listed use "For use with E-1
System Digital cameras.  OM to 4/3 lens adapter" >

then he said,
>If dealer net doesn't change, it should have a street
price under $125.>