Re: [OM] [OT] waiting time until New E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] waiting time until New E-1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:41:16 -0700
Understandable sour grapes for more than one reason. Some years ago, a study that rated longevity to occupation showed conductors as one of the healthiest and longest lived and the musicians they direct as one of the shortest lived. Wherever I read it, it was speculated that control over one's life and/or the details of one's work might be a significant factor in health and longevity. If I recall, US Senator and judge were 2 other occupations with well above average life spans.

Moose

Dorothée Rapp wrote:

oh well - and the difference between a dead dog on the road and a dead conductor on the road (sorry, this one is nasty)?

You can see the car tried to brake before hitting the dead dog...

That's a lawyer joke here in the land of unbridled litigation.