Re: [OM] - Questions about Zuiko 18mm f/3.5

Subject: Re: [OM] - Questions about Zuiko 18mm f/3.5
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 08:09:49 EDT
In a message dated 9/17/2003 4:03:26 AM Central Standard Time,
flowerside@xxxxxxxx writes:
Then, when mounting the 49->72mm step up adapter, that sort of "metal ring"
that rises up between the
lens and the filter ring itself starts turning a bit (let's say 5-10
degrees). Then stops when the 49->72mm
adapter is fully in place. Is this the "correct" behaviour (the metal ring
seems to tighten the 49->72mm
adapter to the lens), or should I suppose something's wrong with it (i.e. it
is getting loose)?
Sounds like you have something loose to me.  One possible cause might be if
your step up ring is not an Olympus ring.  Seems like I had one somewhere along
the way which was made by someone else and the threaded part was too thick
and caused things to bind when you tried to attach it.  Bill Barber