Re: [OM] HTML (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] HTML (OT)
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:39:52 EDT
In a message dated 9/16/2003 10:02:09 PM Central Standard Time,
tourtelot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
But when you get the digest and fully
half the space is taken up with useless code because people are too lazy to
turn it off, it irks me.
Lazy, you say!  How about if you tell those of us who use AOL how to turn
HTML off and still keep the most widely use ISP in the USA (perhaps the world).

After you have done that and we have not taken the action to remedy the
problem, we might have an interest in hearing your assessment of others on this
list.  It is my understanding that it is only those in digest mode who have the
problem.  Perhaps if everyone would just change to AOL or another ISP which
doesn't suffer from getting HTML garbled the problem would be solved.  That is
unless they are too lazy to do it.

Now on a more civil note, I do know HTML is a problem for some and that it
can be resolved either on this end or (yes, really) on the other end.  I may be
the only offender and if that is so, I sincerely apologize.  Other than
dumping all the posts that come from me and others, I would be interested in
hearing
of positive solutions initiated on the receiving end to eliminate the
problem.  Pissing and moaning and calling people lazy does not qualify as a
positive
solution.  With bated breath I await a positive response.  Bill Barber