[OM] OTCurrent level of rudeness on the list

Subject: [OM] OTCurrent level of rudeness on the list
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 17:36:55 -0700
What is it with the rudeness on the list as of late? I have been off the list for a while so maybe I have missed something, but things seem particularly vicious and rude as of late. Folks, it is possible to disagree without calling others names and throwing out cheap insults. I realize that it a minority of people who are rude, but it really does spoil it for everyone else.

People post well though out and helpful post or replies, and those who disagree with them seem to have to resort to name calling and personal attacks. It really is uncalled for. If you disagree, say so and why - but spare us the name calling, insults, and put downs.

If this is the way the list has evolved over the past year while I won't be staying around long.

Jim Couch