Re: [OM] Olympus OM lens to Sigma SD9 adapter?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM lens to Sigma SD9 adapter?
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 17:17:42 -0400
I emailed him and got a lengthy, difficult to understand reply. He used a
translator bot to send an English reply.  He doesn't appear to be really
interested in the OM converter but could be convinced. He describes some
numbers and basic costs. He also suggests that a converter for the Four
Thirds body is in his plan.

If someone is interested in pursuing this, please do. I'm not a business
man, so understanding the translated Japanese hard enough without the
knowledge of business and production jargon.

If you could paraphrase what he means, that would be helpful too.

-Mickey

begin
======================
Hello Mickey

Now I looking ZUIKO MC Auto-S 1:1.4 f=50mm for OM-SYSTEM

Please permit the automatic translation.

There is a focus combination when the range is the indoor.
It is in the mount interior, and obtains a more accurate focus if there is
no small wing.

There is no plan to install the OM lens of SIGMA now.
I have the plan to install the OM lens in FourThardSystem.

If the data of the plan of Nikon is combined with the data of
FourThardSystem, your demand is answered.

The person who needs this adaptor is in 50 person or more world the
necessity.

When it has an advanced manufacturing know-how, and I produce only one, I
need 500 dollars.
$4000 in case 100 piece, $3000 in case 50 pices. $10000 in case maybe 1000
pices.

In a very embarrassed thing, the number of export of CSM42 adaptors is ten.
70 pieces in Japan.

It is Watashiitsu person in the world that produces the adaptor of the
SIGMA-SA mount.
The budget used to produce with making the CSM42 adaptor for trial purposes
is $6000.

It is not in the state that can be made if the order for 100 doesn't go out
consequentially.
The adaptor of NIKON or LEICA was originally scheduled to be produced in
this summer.

Production with making NIKON or LEICA for trial purposes at the same time as
being produce the second lots of CSM42 by August started and the plan of the
announcement for September.

The production plan for the next term has stopped because of the relation
that stocks 60 remainder for the production budget.

Does my worry have only 80 cameras of SD9 and the SIGMA-SA mount in the
world?The said doubt.  solve

I might postpone my production plan in case of the state that puts out the
most popular M42 mount, and calls international 10 pieces.

I am essentially a cameraman of private. It is not in the manufacturer Big
enterprise.
It thinks whether I will discuss it in an international meaning now.

The means is only in the use of the automatic translation because the mother
tongue is Japanese in me when the story is complex.
The ideal needs the leader of user groups of which the mother tongue is
English.
If the question can be brought together, it can get the answer.

The engineer of NIKON to retire is designing the CSM42 adaptor.
Manufacturing is also the same as an experimental factory of NIKON. This
engineer is a manufacturing chief of NIKON-F.
It is made from a camera of NIKON on the market from the design on one rank.

Could you make the key line of the connection with the world?

Satoru Komori
2-8-9 Edogawa,Edogawa-ku
Tokyo 132-0013 Japan.