Re: [OM] Another servay

Subject: Re: [OM] Another servay
From: Steve Goss <stevegoss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 22:12:47 -0500
OM eyecups fall into three groups:
Eyecup 1, which is round and accepts separately purchased diopters. It's a largish cone of rubber, and works better if you aren't wearing glasses. Eyecup 2, which is small and square, and accepts a different set of diopters. It doesn't block light as well, but you don't have to take it off to change film. Generic eyecups, made by who knows how many manufacturers. The two or three i've seen are oval shaped. (<a href=" http://www.dotphoto.com/go.asp?l=stevegoss&p=cruisin&AID=296226";> Last two shots on the second row</a>)

Eyecup 1 used to fetch $30 or so on e*bay, before 9/11.
I'm not sure how much Eyecup 2 goes for, but it's quite a bit less.
I'd be glad to get $5 for my generic one.

Thanks, Steve Goss, Dallas Tx usa

Boris Grigorov wrote:

My OM1 does not know how to type, so I am asking on behalf of him:
How much an eye cup would cost, he was concerned about the light coming through
the viewfinder and affecting his lightmeter and thus ruining my wonderful
images that every respectable galery would love to be graced with?
Chuck, if I remember, you listed some alternatives.  I do not want a beater,
but also refuse to pay an arm an a leg for it.
My OM1 thanks you in advance for completing the survey.  He hopes you have a
happy news for him and promises that the hood would have a good and healthy
home.
Boris