Re: [OM] OM Leica Equipment (long)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Leica Equipment (long)
From: Skip Williams <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 21:18:30 -0500
The copy stand, if it's E.Leitz, could be any number of models from the 40's to
the 80's.  Does it have any markings?  Value?  Copy stands are notoriously
fickle to price.  $10-$150, depending on condition and market.  Shipping is
usually a hassle.

The lens sounds indeed like a 5th version Summicron produced from 1980-95.
It's the same optical formula as the current version, but with marginally
inferior coatings.  Almost all came in black chrome, very few in chrome.  I
don't think that lens came in black enamel (paint).  Does it have a focusing
tab?  Ribbed, convex tabs are from earlier lenses, concave tabs from later
lenses.  Late, late lenses were from Germany.  Value?  Anywhere from $400-600,
depending on quality.

It's a top-rate lens, with very nice imaging characteristics.  A good place to
sell it would be on the www.photo.net Leica board, which is pretty civil.

Skip

Please reply to skipwilliams at pobox.com
I might not notice personal emails to this address