[OM] OM Leica Equipment (long)

Subject: [OM] OM Leica Equipment (long)
From: "John Duggan" <john.duggan1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 00:03:48 +0100
I know this is NOT Olympus...BUT PLEASE bear with me .
The scene...Colorado Springs Flea Market......I am prowling about looking
for Olympus equipment when my eye is caught by a piece of Leica kit ...How
much ? I casually ask .$10 ! Willl you accept $8? asks my wife. YES!  The
deal is quickly done.
Now to work out what I have got. I think I need Skip Williams's help on
this.
Stand seems like some form of copy stand. Base about 140mm square in alloy.
rectangle cut out approx 110 x70mm. Column at back detatches from base,
extends from 150mm to a[pprox 250mm by means of an adjusting screw at top.
At the top of this column is a bayonet mount to fit an "M" series camera?
Fitting outside this a 90mm plastic attatchment looking a bit like a rocket
nosecone!  Inside this about 30mm up is a ground glass (plastic) screen. It
looks as though a lens /eyepiece? fits here. At the other end of the top
facing the base, is another bayonet mount..I KNOW this fits a "M" series
lens because an f2 made in Canada Summicron was still attached!!!! This lens
is pre 1994 because it does not have an integral lens hood.
What have I got?   Is it worth more than the $8 I paid for it or have I been
"Done?"
Possible Olympus content....if I sell this equipment the money goes towards
either Olympus goodies OR a decent neg scanner to go with my new Epson 1160
B+W printer.
John Duggan, Wales, UK.