RE: [OM] OT aerial home shots.

Subject: RE: [OM] OT aerial home shots.
From: "Joe Scheese" <scheesjl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 23:04:32 -0400
This happened every 10 years in my county here in PA up until the 1980's.  The
county paid a firm to photograph every home in the rural and suburban areas of
the county.  The county tax assessor then compared the picture of your house
today, with the picture from 10 years ago looking for major improvements in
your property.  Then the county raised your property taxes.

The county kept costs low by allowing the aerial photo company to have the
right to sell the pictures back to the home owner.

The sad part is they got you twice.  First the county gets a shot at you and
then the aerial photo company sells you the spent cartridge.  I felt they
should give you the picture free since your tax dollar paid for it in the first
place.

I got this from the guy that knocked on my door trying to sell me the picture
of my place.  As I recall the pricing ran from $100 to $200 depending on the
size up to 11 x 14.

Joe