Re: [OM] M15V and MD2 Technical details

Subject: Re: [OM] M15V and MD2 Technical details
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 21:27:58 +0100
Max frame rate for OM2 is 4fps. This according to the first version of the
MD manual and Pangerl (plus my and now your measurements) . The assumption
that 5 is available is down to clever wording in version 2 onwards of the MD
manual. 5 is for an OM1 with the mirror locked up.
Experiments with later bodies indicates that none is significantly faster
than the OM2, so the 5fps claim for the motors is true only for OM1. Try it
and lock the mirror up while winding. The difference is VERY obvious, and
from a winding / releasing point of view, it's the same camera as an OM2.
Pretty much the same as a 2S, 3(Ti) 4(Ti) as well, come to that.

Julian