Re: [OM] USD1100 for a Zuiko 90mm f/2 macro?

Subject: Re: [OM] USD1100 for a Zuiko 90mm f/2 macro?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 01:12:12 +0800
The data in Albert's page only shown the Zuiko at 1:2 performance, it was
much better at 1:50. The data was from Modern Photography and I remember the
Tokina data was at 1:50 instead of 1:2 as shown in Albert's page.

I owned both Tokina and Zuiko, in a brief  test I found the Zuiko was
sharper at 1.5m and infinity at F5.6 (test photos were posted on the list
before). May be it was just my Tokina sample but it was in absolutely mint
condition, I bought the Tokina just for test and was sold afterward. The
Tokina is smaller and slighter lighter without the 1:1 adapter, feel more
vibration on the OM body during shutter release. My tests were done on
tripod at around 1/60s and with my hand as damper and I believe the
vibration influence was minimum.

C.H.Ling