Re: [OM] Lens caps

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens caps
From: Donald Shedrick <shedridc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 12:52:58 -0700 (PDT)
If you live in an air conditioned house and run it when it is humid
outside, you don't have to worry.  It will be about 75F (22C) and 50%
RH all the time.  I think that is why I have never had a problem in
almost 30 years of Zuiko ownership.

--- RickM <zuiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was doing very little photography in those days (no
> film/processing
> available => every shot you took had to be a "keeper"), the 28/2
> got out of
> its case maybe once a year, otherwise it lived in its case... no
> fungus
> problems, not even on the case...
>
> Now with 20+ zuiks sitting around, i'm getting more concerned as to
> whether
> i need to take better care of them, even though i've never had
> problems
> before in more extreme conditions...  reading the list, i should
> get a
> humidity/heat controlled cabinet...  trying to reconcile that with
> my
> experience...
>
> RickM
>
> > What you have missed is you don't have lenses behind the sun and
> hiding in
> > cabinet for months. It is no fun to put them under the sun
> regularly for
> > killing the fungus. I know very well that the best way to prevent
> fungus
> is
> > to use them more, my work horse OM-4 is never inside my humidity
> chamber
> but
> > my beautiful OM-3 and 16/3.5 always occupy a space there.
> >
> > C.H.Ling

=====
Don Shedrick

http://groups.msn.com/firstlightimaging