Re: [OM] Re: MSblaster worm warning!

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: MSblaster worm warning!
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 23:36:10 +0930
The pain & misery this thing has caused me since Monday night (when I
went on-call) is beyond belief.

we don't even supply or advocate wind*ze, but most of our customers use
it. the problems REALLY start when they use it for firewalls,  mail
servers  or d*main c*ntr*llers.

it chokes links, causing DNS (internet name services) to fail. Wind*ze
firewalls, domain controllers & IPphone call managers just stop,
period...

please guys, for your IT people's sake, make sure you AVr software &
security updates are up to date, in line with the site policies of
course ;) , remember  a happy sysadmin... is a happy sysadmin...

see:   http://members.iinet.net.au/~bofh/

pager's just gone off again, probably another unhappy sysadmin, looks to
be a late night...

davidt